Sunday, November 20, 2011

Read the sample and decide for yourself

I think it's amazing the varied amount of stories that are out there right now. Just looking through the Twitter and Facebook members that I have connected with reveals so many different ideas. So many writers with so many interesting stories. The tough part is getting a bit of the attention onto yourself. I've built up a pretty decent following on Twitter in a short time and have a lot of Twitter friends that Retweet my stuff, which is awesome and thank you. However, after having my tweets shared with thousands of people, I take a look at my Amazon page and I haven't sold a single book more. Strange.
I suppose that people are hesitant about buying from an unknown author, but most of us have free samples that can be read. Once you've read the sample, you should be able to tell if it's your thing or not. Does the writer have a decent style? Is the dialogue believable? Characters interesting? I know that in my experience, I have read samples that fall on both sides. On Twitter, I have found books that interested me, but after reading the sample, decided 'No, thanks'. I have also read some that were great. I suppose it takes time to wade through the lackluster stuff and find the gems. Maybe people don't want to take the time to read a sample?

Well, I promise you, I do not write lackluster stories. Read the sample from A Dream of Storms and decide for yourself. The sample can be downloaded with the link to your right on the Amazon page. If you do not have a Kindle, download one of Amazon's Free Kindle Reading Apps. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Walk with the Wind.

William

No comments:

Post a Comment